Artistic Call Out
Applications Accepted for theme of "RENEWAL"
$75 for successful submissions
Who are we?
- Sustainable Orillia (SO) is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization that aims to promote awareness and actions across our community that will contribute to a more sustainable way of life – for Orillia and for the planet.
- Our interests span several sectors of our community: Goods and Services, Energy, Infrastructure, Food, Nature, Health, Education.
- Our activities to date, guided by a strategic plan and supported financially by the City of Orillia, have included public communications, representations to the City of Orillia and other organizations, project leadership, support for speakers and webinars, publication of food maps, electric car demonstrations, recycling seminars and so on.
What’s the idea?
- Sustainable Orillia recognizes and appreciates the power of art to reach people at an emotional level. Words, data charts, science and educational information have clearly not been enough to change attitudes and behaviours – to move people to action – in the diminishing time that remains to heal our ailing planet and the needs of our community.
What are we looking for?
- We are seeking the powerful portrayal of your deep connection to the theme of “RENEWAL” using visual art, songs and/or stories. Your submission must connect the urgency of the theme to the heart of the beholder.
- A brief statement should accompany the submission, introducing the artist and addressing why and how he/she cares about the stated theme as represented by the submission.
- This artistic call out will be repeated regularly through 2021, addressing different sustainability-related themes.
What can the artist expect?
- The successful submission will be published in any or all of SO’s various digital platforms, Orillia Matters, Orillia Sun Online and Orillia Today.
- Selected artists will be provided an honorarium of $75 per successful submission.
How to apply:
Please email submission before April 30, with photos or audio link to Anna Proctor at: email@example.com
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org